Senior Technical Animator
About The Position
We are looking to hire an experienced Senior Technical Animator who will work closely to support our animation team. This person will be someone who enjoys working in Unreal and Maya and loves creating smooth animation transitions between the softwares. Further, this person will have experience creating prop rigs and is excited about editing existing game characters to make them cinematics ready. This is a remote full-time position.
- Partners with the team lead to set priorities and ensure end-user documentation is updated with the latest changes and creates new documentation as needed
- Supports the Animation team and troubleshoots to find solutions to critical problems in a timely manner
- Diagnoses and solves technical problems for the animation team
- Suggests and applies workflows that improve team performance
- Professional experience as a Technical Animator within the gaming industry
- Experience setting up and maintaining animation and character pipelines
- Knowledge in Maya with an understanding of animation packages and workflows
- Experience working within Unreal Engine 4 with knowledge in importing and exporting animation in UE4/UE5
- Competency in Python with knowledge of C++ preferred
- Knowledge of Rigging with Unreal Control Rig knowledge
- Experience with PyQt, Unreal Python, maya.cmds and PyMel.
- Working knowledge with Blueprints in UE4/UE5
- $46- $55 per hour
The job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individual with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Due to the requirements of this position, NEP requires as a condition of employment for this position that a candidate be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. If a candidate is offered this position with NEP, such offer is contingent on the candidate providing proof of full vaccination status by his or her start date. Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, NEP will consider reasonable accommodations to a candidate’s inability to vaccinate due to disability or religious belief, but NEP’s consideration of potential reasonable accommodations does not guarantee commencement of employment.
We are proud of our culture. We believe in treating people with respect and supporting their artistic and professional goals. In addition to working with some of the most talented people on big budget, feature films and AAA games, being a member of NEP Virtual Studios Entertainment entitles you to participation in our Employer Sponsored Benefits: 401k Plan (with matching), Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance (with employer contributions), Group Term Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Pay, and Employee Assistance Program as well as a number of Voluntary Benefits. NEP Virtual Studios also supports your continued education, training (Studio Arts classes, online training, industry partner events), and career growth opportunities.
At NEP Virtual Studios we celebrate diversity and inclusion. We are committed to an environment that does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Please let us know if you require any accommodation in your application. We believe our success as a company is built on the diversity of our teammates