About The Position
Halon is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Visualization Supervisor for the creative direction of projects. In this role, you would work in collaboration with the client to define camera blocking, lens choice and composition, while working closely with other departments to ensure smooth transitions and improved tools and processes. You will oversee the daily activities of the team while meeting the creative and scheduling requirements of the production. This is a remote-work opportunity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Director, VFX Supervisor and/or other creative leads on the film to design & deliver effective previs of key sequences
- Take responsibility to meet the pressures and demands of a production schedule, working with the Production team to deliver on time and on budget
- Work closely with the Production team to ensure an accurate production schedule is set up and maintained
- Define and interpret specific instructions from the client
- Works with pipeline and engineering teams to develop and improve the pipeline and tools
- Communicates clearly and confidently across different teams, from client to editorial, to production, and builds good relationships with them.
- Helps develop talent and foster professional growth among the stage crew
- During review sessions, discuss changes with the client and offer creative input and technical solutions to enhance continuity and consistency of the sequence
- 3-5 years of experience as a Visualization Supervisor preferred
- Excellent knowledge of cinematic language and camera terminology
- Solid knowledge of Maya is essential
- Knowledge and experience in real-time rendering and content creation with Unreal Engine
- Proven track record of leadership on previous projects
- Strong creative and technical skills in 3D animation and competency in all other areas of 3D including modelling, texturing, lighting, FX and rendering
- 3D Generalist skills: Should have a well-rounded skill set with experience in lighting, modeling, and animation
- Technical knowledge of various software including Maya, After Effects, Nuke, Unreal Engine, etc.
- Solid camera animation work skills required
- Experience with virtual production workflows and technologies a plus
- $53 - $72 per hour
The job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individual with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Due to the requirements of this position, NEP requires as a condition of employment for this position that a candidate be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. If a candidate is offered this position with NEP, such offer is contingent on the candidate providing proof of full vaccination status by his or her start date. Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, NEP will consider reasonable accommodations to a candidate’s inability to vaccinate due to disability or religious belief, but NEP’s consideration of potential reasonable accommodations does not guarantee commencement of employment.
We are proud of our culture. We believe in treating people with respect and supporting their artistic and professional goals. In addition to working with some of the most talented people on big budget, feature films and AAA games, being a member of NEP Virtual Studios Entertainment entitles you to participation in our Employer Sponsored Benefits: 401k Plan (with matching), Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance (with employer contributions), Group Term Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Pay, and Employee Assistance Program as well as a number of Voluntary Benefits. NEP Virtual Studios also supports your continued education, training (Studio Arts classes, online training, industry partner events), and career growth opportunities.
At NEP Virtual Studios we celebrate diversity and inclusion. We are committed to an environment that does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Please let us know if you require any accommodation in your application. We believe our success as a company is built on the diversity of our teammates.