Senior Finals Animator
About The Position
NEP Virtual Studios combines Prysm Stages, Lux Machina, and Halon Entertainment under one banner to provide best-in-class virtual production services around the world. Lux Machina and Prysm stages design, build, and operate state of the art Virtual Production facilities while Halon Entertainment provides Game cinematic creation, visualization, and virtual art department services from concept to final pixel.
Halon Entertainment is looking for passionate, talented, and enthusiastic Senior Cinematic Animators for high-profile video game projects and the opportunity to help build our Animation capabilities! If you are passionate about games and looking for a place to grow your skills and help build something incredible, we would love you to apply! This is a remote-work opportunity.
- Create high-quality, keyframe Character Animation for use in Game Cinematics and various character projects
- Edit Motion Capture data to blend detailed character movement with keyframe skills
- Maintain the visual continuity, quality, and performance across characters as set by the Director, Supervisor and Leads
- Develop and improve animation pipelines
- Develop the timing and pace of the movement of characters or objects during the sequence of images
- Manage shot/sequence responsibilities within deadlines to ensure we meet the client’s commercial requirements and our own standard
- Collaborate with Director, Supervisor and other artists on the team to create a cohesive vision of the animation department
- The ideal candidate should have at least 6-10 years of experience in feature-style animation or video game cinematics
- At least 5 years of experience in Maya, Unreal Engine, and MotionBuilder
- Understanding of the animation pipeline and processes involved from concept to implementation
- Strong posing and storytelling skills
- Strong Camera, Character Animation, and Motion Capture editing skills
- Proficient in animating both realistic and stylized feature animation
- Strong communication skills in client-facing situations, including but not limited to, email, database
- $47 - $65 per hour
The job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individual with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Due to the requirements of this position, NEP requires as a condition of employment for this position that a candidate be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. If a candidate is offered this position with NEP, such offer is contingent on the candidate providing proof of full vaccination status by his or her start date. Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, NEP will consider reasonable accommodations to a candidate’s inability to vaccinate due to disability or religious belief, but NEP’s consideration of potential reasonable accommodations does not guarantee commencement of employment.