Lead Finals Animator
About The Position
Halon Entertainment is looking for talented and enthusiastic Lead Finals Animators for exciting, high profile video game projects. If you are interested in joining the team, we are looking for applicants that have thorough knowledge of filmmaking, Maya, Motion Builder, Unreal Engine, and of course, storytelling. This is a remote-work opportunity.
- Lead a team of Animators by managing shot/sequence responsibilities within deadlines to ensure we meet the client’s commercial requirements and our own standard
- Collaborate with the Client, Producers, Animation Directors to create a cohesive vision of the animation department
- Create high-quality, keyframe Character Animation for use in Game Cinematics and various character projects
- Edit Motion Capture data to blend detailed character movement with keyframe skills
- Maintain the visual continuity, quality, and performance across characters as set by the Client and Internal Directors and Supervisors
- Work closely with technical animation and other stakeholders to develop and improve animation pipelines
- Develop the timing and pace of the movement of characters or objects during the sequence of images
- Support the animation team with technical troubleshooting and direction in studio tools
- The ideal candidate should have at least 6-10 years of experience in feature-style
- animation or video game cinematics, with previous Lead experience
- 6-10 years of experience in Maya, and moderate knowledge working in Unreal Engine
- Technical understanding of the animation pipeline and processes involved from concept to implementation
- Understanding of the animation pipeline and processes involved from concept to implementation
- Strong posing and storytelling skills
- Strong Camera, Character Animation, and Motion Capture editing skills
- Proficient in animating both realistic and stylized feature animation
- Strong communication skills in client-facing situations, including but not limited to, email, database
- $68 - $75 per hour
The job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individual with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Due to the requirements of this position, NEP requires as a condition of employment for this position that a candidate be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. If a candidate is offered this position with NEP, such offer is contingent on the candidate providing proof of full vaccination status by his or her start date. Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, NEP will consider reasonable accommodations to a candidate’s inability to vaccinate due to disability or religious belief, but NEP’s consideration of potential reasonable accommodations does not guarantee commencement of employment.
We are proud of our culture. We believe in treating people with respect and supporting their artistic and professional goals. In addition to working with some of the most talented people on big budget, feature films and AAA games, being a member of NEP Virtual Studios Entertainment entitles you to participation in our Employer Sponsored Benefits: 401k Plan (with matching), Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance (with employer contributions), Group Term Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Pay, and Employee Assistance Program as well as a number of Voluntary Benefits. NEP Virtual Studios also supports your continued education, training (Studio Arts classes, online training, industry partner events), and career growth opportunities.
At NEP Virtual Studios we celebrate diversity and inclusion. We are committed to an environment that does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Please let us know if you require any accommodation in your application. We believe our success as a company is built on the diversity of our teammates.