About The Position
NEP Virtual Studios combines Prysm Stages, Lux Machina, and Halon Entertainment under one banner to provide best-in-class virtual production services around the world. Lux Machina and Prysm stages design, build, and operate state of the art Virtual Production facilities while Halon Entertainment provides Game cinematic creation, visualization, and virtual art department services from concept to final pixel.
Halon Entertainment is the premier visualization company with credits on some of Hollywood’s most celebrated films. We are seeking talented and enthusiastic Postvis Artists that have experience compositing in After Effects and a solid understanding of composition, cinematography, and animation. This is a remote-work opportunity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Strong storytelling skills with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Experience in Maya, After Effects and Photoshop a must. Unreal Engine a plus
- Animation skill, requiring an understanding of mechanical movement, realistic physics, action staging and cinematography
- Generate renders for approval
- Ensure shot continuity is maintained
- Blending and compositing all elements for scenes, creating camera movement, and scene manipulation through camera movements
- Composite and track shots to integrate all the layers, including live-action and computer-generated elements
- Knowledge of practAf
- 3+ years experience compositing in After Effects, experience in Nuke is a plus
- Generalist level skills in animation, lighting, etc.
- 3D Tracking using Syntheyes (PFTrack or Boujou a plus)
- Fundamental understanding of composition, cameras, film language, and editing
- A strong team player who takes direction and constructive feedback well
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, with the ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
- Experience with Unreal engine a plus
The job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individual with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Due to the requirements of this position, NEP requires as a condition of employment for this position that a candidate be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. If a candidate is offered this position with NEP, such offer is contingent on the candidate providing proof of full vaccination status by his or her start date. Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, NEP will consider reasonable accommodations to a candidate’s inability to vaccinate due to disability or religious belief, but NEP’s consideration of potential reasonable accommodations does not guarantee commencement of employment.
We are proud of our culture. We believe in treating people with respect and supporting their artistic and professional goals. In addition to working with some of the most talented people on big budget, feature films and AAA games, being a member of NEP Virtual Studios Entertainment entitles you to participation in our Employer Sponsored Benefits: 401k Plan (with matching), Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance (with employer contributions), Group Term Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Pay, and Employee Assistance Program as well as a number of Voluntary Benefits. NEP Virtual Studios also supports your continued education, training (Studio Arts classes, online training, industry partner events), and career growth opportunities.
At NEP Virtual Studios we celebrate diversity and inclusion. We are committed to an environment that does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Please let us know if you require any accommodation in your application. We believe our success as a company is built on the diversity of our teammates.