Unreal Engine Operator
NEP Virtual Studios combines Prysm Stages, Lux Machina, and Halon Entertainment under one banner to provide best-in-class virtual production services around the world. Lux Machina and Prysm stages design, build, and operate state of the art Virtual Production facilities while Halon Entertainment provides Game cinematic creation, visualization, and virtual art department services from concept to final pixel.
The purpose of this position is to incorporate the LuxMC base level with assets provided by other departments and lead the team that operates the UE4 system on set and maintains version control for on set assets.
- Collaborate with the team on the UE4-based real-time rendering system on set.
- Prepare the various UE4 levels for the execution of an in-camera VFX shooting environment in collaboration with the Virtual Production Supervisor.
- Assist with the UE4 system setup, calibration, and operation during shooting, and work in pre-production to identify any custom code or custom blueprints that need to be created
- Work with the Virtual Camera Supervisor to ensure quality real-time tracking data and the integrity of all captured data.
- Work with the Virtual Production Supervisor to ensure the quality and integrity of all digital assets
- Work with Production and the Virtual Production TD to maintain a color pipeline for the on set system that conforms to the needs of Production.
- Work with all departments to establish on set workflow and ensure that all relevant stakeholders have access to GUI interfaces relevant to their on set responsibilities as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to execute technically difficult work and maintain a productive attitude under the pressure of live action production.
- Must be highly computer literate.
- Must be an excellent troubleshooter to diagnose and solve issues in complex integrated systems of computers, video recording systems, software, and other sensor driven systems.
- Familiar with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures used in visual effects and live-action film production
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Must be detail oriented, highly organized and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
- Must be proficient with Unreal Engine
- Must be familiar with Unreal Blueprint
- Familiarity with version control preferred (IE Perforce)
- Familiarity with motion capture systems.
- Knowledge of physical lighting protocols such as DMX, artnet and sACN preferred
- Familiarity with ACES/OCIO a plus
- Experience working on set in live television and film a plus
- Knowledge of C++ and Python a plus
- Ability to deliver superior service and build lasting relationships by demonstrating NEP’s Core Values: innovative, one team, passion and integrity.
The job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individual with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Due to the requirements of this position, NEP requires as a condition of employment for this position that a candidate be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. If a candidate is offered this position with NEP, such offer is contingent on the candidate providing proof of full vaccination status by his or her start date. Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, NEP will consider reasonable accommodations to a candidate’s inability to vaccinate due to disability or religious belief, but NEP’s consideration of potential reasonable accommodations does not guarantee commencement of employment.
We are proud of our culture. We believe in treating people with respect and supporting their artistic and professional goals. In addition to working with some of the most talented people on big budget, feature films and AAA games, being a member of NEP Virtual Studios Entertainment entitles you to participation in our Employer Sponsored Benefits: 401k Plan (with matching), Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance (with employer contributions), Group Term Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Pay, and Employee Assistance Program as well as a number of Voluntary Benefits. NEP Virtual Studios also supports your continued education, training (Studio Arts classes, online training, industry partner events), and career growth opportunities.
At NEP Virtual Studios we celebrate diversity and inclusion. We are committed to an environment that does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Please let us know if you require any accommodation in your application. We believe our success as a company is built on the diversity of our teammates.