Production Resource Manager
About The Position
NEP Virtual Studios combines Prysm Stages, Lux Machina, and Halon Entertainment under one banner to provide best-in-class virtual production services around the world. Lux Machina and Prysm stages design, build, and operate state of the art Virtual Production facilities while Halon Entertainment provides Game cinematic creation, visualization, and virtual art department services from concept to final pixel.
The Production Resource Manager is responsible for managing, scheduling and forecasting the staffing needs of Lux Machina in collaboration with department Directors. Must keep a global view of staffing across the organization
- Work with the LuxMC Virtual Production Producers and LuxMC Virtual Production Managers to generate an accurate estimate of the stage or on-set labor based on a thorough plan for the project in question; advise on sourcing talent to effectively execute LuxMC Virtual Production projects.
- Work closely with department directors on global staffing and scheduling.
- Attend sales and production meetings to understand and forecast hiring needs.
- Work closely with department directors to understand employee skills, desires and ability to cover multiple disciplines and staff accordingly.
- Manage staff with regards to project schedules and vacation.
- Work with recruiting to develop and maintain job descriptions.
- Coordinate employee reviews with department directors.
- Coordinate project based reviews via performance management system.
- Coordinate project post mortems.
- Develop initiatives to continuously improve and advance the department and staff.
- Maintain a list of freelancers.
- Work with department directors to define career paths and requirements and skills for career development.
- Assist with and approve expense reports.
- Occasional travel to set and/or client meetings.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
- 5+ years of experience in production management.
- Experience with successful on-set client interaction and key creative collaboration.
- Track record of successfully delivering high-quality data in a rapidly changing environment
- Proven track record in leadership and mentorship.
- Strong comprehension of the concepts, practices, and procedures used in visual effects and film production.
- Experience in a visual effects and shot production pipeline.
- Must be highly computer literate with Mac and Windows as well as GSuite.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and diplomacy skills.
- Ability to deliver superior service and build lasting relationships by demonstrating NEP’s Core Values: innovative, one team, passion and integrity.
The job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individual with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Due to the requirements of this position, NEP requires as a condition of employment for this position that a candidate be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. If a candidate is offered this position with NEP, such offer is contingent on the candidate providing proof of full vaccination status by his or her start date. Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, NEP will consider reasonable accommodations to a candidate’s inability to vaccinate due to disability or religious belief, but NEP’s consideration of potential reasonable accommodations does not guarantee commencement of employment.
We are proud of our culture. We believe in treating people with respect and supporting their artistic and professional goals. In addition to working with some of the most talented people on big budget, feature films and AAA games, being a member of NEP Virtual Studios Entertainment entitles you to participation in our Employer Sponsored Benefits: 401k Plan (with matching), Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance (with employer contributions), Group Term Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Pay, and Employee Assistance Program as well as a number of Voluntary Benefits. NEP Virtual Studios also supports your continued education, training (Studio Arts classes, online training, industry partner events), and career growth opportunities.
At NEP Virtual Studios we celebrate diversity and inclusion. We are committed to an environment that does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Please let us know if you require any accommodation in your application. We believe our success as a company is built on the diversity of our teammates.