About The Position
Halon Entertainment is seeking a Technical Animator with amazing artistic skills to create spectacular real-time FX. The ideal candidate has experience working within the constraints of real-time engines, shows attention to detail, and can take both artistic and technical direction to achieve the most appropriate solution. A level of technical knowledge combined with strong creative and visual instincts is critical for this position. This is a remote-work opportunity.
About the Role
This position works with the Pipeline TD and is responsible for the technical maintenance of Game Cinematic and film projects and advance the capabilities of the facility. Each project presents new challenges; therefore you will be tasked with addressing production obstacles.
The Technical Animator will be an excellent problem solver with strong and varying technical knowledge and a solid understanding of the Game Animation pipeline
Our studio is primarily Windows environment, using Maya, Unreal, Motionbuilder, and Shotgun amongst many other tools.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with the Pipeline team in the development of and integration of tools to support Game Cinematic Projects.
- Work closely with Artists to troubleshoot and fix problems arising in the course of production
- Creating and maintaining game animation pipeline tools
- Provide constant technical support the Game Cinematics team
- Assist artists with skinning and rigging of characters, including for facial animation
- Integrate off the shelf and custom applications into an efficient production pipeline
- Create technical and end user documentation for assets, tools, techniques and workflows
- Educate and involve crew in pipeline tool use.
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years industry experience in Technical Animator role
- Solid understanding of animation production pipelines for technical, motion capture, and character animation
- Solid understanding of a game cinematic pipeline
- Solid understanding of Python
- Solid understanding of version control systems: Perforce, Git, SVN
- Strong knowledge of Maya character rigging and facial rigging
- Strong knowledge of Unreal Engine
- Familiar with other Game Engines
- Familiar with working with Outsourcers and the delivery process
- Able to multitask and manage time efficiently
- Able to take direction, collaborate and be a team player
- Ability to operate autonomously as well as part of a team
- $40 - $46 per hour
The job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individual with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Due to the requirements of this position, NEP requires as a condition of employment for this position that a candidate be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. If a candidate is offered this position with NEP, such offer is contingent on the candidate providing proof of full vaccination status by his or her start date. Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, NEP will consider reasonable accommodations to a candidate’s inability to vaccinate due to disability or religious belief, but NEP’s consideration of potential reasonable accommodations does not guarantee commencement of employment.
We are proud of our culture. We believe in treating people with respect and supporting their artistic and professional goals. In addition to working with some of the most talented people on big budget, feature films and AAA games, being a member of NEP Virtual Studios Entertainment entitles you to participation in our Employer Sponsored Benefits: 401k Plan (with matching), Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance (with employer contributions), Group Term Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Pay, and Employee Assistance Program as well as a number of Voluntary Benefits. NEP Virtual Studios also supports your continued education, training (Studio Arts classes, online training, industry partner events), and career growth opportunities.
At NEP Virtual Studios we celebrate diversity and inclusion. We are committed to an environment that does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Please let us know if you require any accommodation in your application. We believe our success as a company is built on the diversity of our teammates.